7.28.2011

Don't run up stairs in flip flops.

This morning on my way to physics, I was trotting right up the stairs, happy as can be that it was my final day of class...  All of a sudden the front edge of my flip flop caught on the edge of the next step, causing me to stub my toe on the step.  Hard.  I didn't make a sound, I was rather hoping no one just heard the huge SLAP! my flip flop made on the step.  Luckily, I did not fall at all!  I looked at my toe, feeling woozy when I saw there was a mark showing where the nail had bent back about a third of the way up my nail.  I HATE the thought of my nails bending back, ripping, or having to be removed. I proceeded on to class (muttering in my head about the pain), and when I got there, the usual, "good morning Millie" from my classmate was returned with a pained grimace on my face, "good morning........."  I wanted to go about my business like I usually do when I get hurt.  I never think to take care of myself when I get hurt and would rather just brush it off because it could have been a lot worse than it really is.  However, my classmates were amazingly helpful, retrieving bags of ice, towels to dry the blood (by that time my toe was bleeding), and arranging a chair for me to put my foot up on.  On one hand I was surprised that people I haven't known for THAT long would be so helpful, but on the other hand, these people have been pretty amazing in all aspects in the time that I've known them.  One of the TA's went and got a really old-school metal first aid kit and I fashioned my own bandage for my toe.  Later, Alecia gave me some stickers to put on it and now my toe looks quite happy again.  Here's the gory mess in the morning:


Thanks, friends, for taking care of me today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment