5.08.2012

Mother's Day Craft: Duct Tape Pens

I always struggle to plan cool gifts for students to give their families for holidays.  Last year for Mother's Day, I went inexpensive but creative: my students traced each others' silhouettes on black/white paper. 

Last Friday, I discovered a cool new trend: duct tape flower pens.  Duct tape is IN with ALL the students right now... they love making duct tape wallets and bags.  I showed my kids this duct tape flower idea and they CANNOT WAIT to do it!! They have MSP testing for the next 2 days, but Friday will be an enjoyable day for them to create their flower pens, just in time for Mother's Day on Sunday. 

Today I stopped by Fred Meyer and purchased $46 worth in duct tape and pens.  I know my kids will love the variety of colors of duct tape!!  I'm excited to do this project with my kids, and I think their moms will really like it!  Here are some photos of the flower pens I made today as a test.





No comments:

Post a Comment