5.25.2011

Soup Recipe

What is craig.soup, you ask?

craig.soup is my first blog. 

After about 45 minutes of brainstorming blog titles, craig.soup is what I finally decided on. I'm hoping it's creative and intriguing, but I'll probably realize later that I tried too hard and it's just silly. 

I chose this name because I have no idea what I want my blog to focus on.  It's taken me months of self-talk to even begin a blog; what would I write about?  My thoughts about blogs over the past few months:
  • "I could post a daily photo!... ehh, that's a big commitment on top of my daily responsibilities." 
  • "I can post about teaching!...as a public figure, I shouldn't go much into detail about the daily happenings at school...and it would probably just turn into a venting device."
  • "I will post about Collin (husband) and my Money Walks (we walk at least 3 miles, 4-7 times per week, and pick up change on the way... accumulating quite a bit of unwanted money)"
  • "Why would I make extra work for myself when I will be the only one reading it anyway?... maybe it'll give me a chance to learn more about myself and reflect on each day, rather than sit in front of the screen and update Facebook to see what my friends' latest statuses are (what a time sucker!).
  • "School is almost out... I have to keep myself busy somehow."
  • "I want to keep a record of my life, it's my first year of teaching, my first year of marriage, I am in love with my life and I don't want to forget it."
  • "My friend Liz does it and reading her blog is one of my favorite things to do on the internet. It's always so unique and makes me feel like we've had a sit-down conversation."
  • "Gretchen Rubin created an entire Happiness Project for her blog, and she started out like me: apprehensive about starting a blog.  Then she went on to publish a book (which is one of my favorites; I relate so well to it)."
  • "I've been told a lot lately that I'm too quiet and people think I don't like them because I'm quiet (soooooooooooooo frustrating!!!!!!)  I can't help that I'd rather listen, and put thought into what I say.  This will give me an opportunity to let others know who I really am."
 Too many ideas/ingredients to focus on one... thus, soup.

Who knows what I will be posting about tomorrow?  Maybe I won't post tomorrow.  Maybe I will.  I'm going to take things day by day and hopefully find time to squeeze in this blog writing of mine.  So, what can you expect of my blog?  As I say to my fourth graders, you'll get what you get and you won't throw a fit.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for listing me as one of your reasons :D I can't way to see what this blog will become!

    ReplyDelete