8.05.2011

To the Zoo with Mads

Today I went to the Point Defiance Zoo with my sister, Sellie, and niece, Maddie.  I was really excited to go see the new clouded leopard cubs and got a few decent pictures of them (see below).  The animals at the zoo cooperated and allowed me to get good pictures; all in all, it was a good day spent with family and animals.  Here is just a handful of the pictures I took:

new leopard cubs



First time I've EVER gotten a good look at the tigers at Point Defiance

These monkeys are probably my favorite characters at the zoo; they are SO dramatic and entertaining.

Look at those arms!  I just wanna tickle that armpit! ;)

The part that makes going to the zoo kind of depressing...

Ride a camel for $5?
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Arctic fox.. about the size of a house cat



This is the first time Maddie ever put on a backpack! She hated it at first but as soon as she saw another girl wearing one, she felt like a cool kid. :)

Polar Bears are one of my zoo favorites!
She's growing up so quickly...

Mom & Maddie


I can push my own stroller too!

Gotta love the owls.
Happy day at the zoo!

3 comments:

  1. Gahhhhh alll so cute! Esp. the fox and owl! I have a love/hate relationship with zoos. haha I love seeing all the cuties up close but I hate that they aren't out in nature doing their own thing lol

    Looks like you had a good day :)

    xo
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pics! I was telling Mike and his parents that it looked like the animals could sense yours and Maddie's combined love for animals because they kept coming over to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pics Millie, thanks for sharing them. Looks like you all had a great time. Julie

    ReplyDelete