4.08.2012

Insanity Day 7

Week 1 of Insanity is complete!  My body aches, my calves are so sore I can't stand on my tip-toes without getting charlie horses, my back feels like a 70 year-old's, but I was dedicated all week and never fell off the exercise path.  I even added 2 extra workouts here and there.  I had lots of extra time because it was spring break, so I don't anticipate having much extra time (or energy) to add workouts when I get back to school this week.

I was worried that my bad knee would act up during this program, but so far the cracking has actually gone away!  Hopefully building the muscles around my knees will help them become more resilient.  I do have to say, these workouts are very comparable to stair climbing, as far as pure exhaustion goes.  However, I sweat a LOT more doing Insanity than stair climbing.  

Now, let's get to the numbers... good news: I lost an inch of my waist :) :) .  Bad news: I gained an inch on my hips (I'm assuming all the squats and lunges are building my glutes up... like I needed more of that??).  More bad news: I'm a pound heavier.  Good news: I know exactly why I'm a pound heavier and it has nothing to do with working out or eating. It should be down again next week. ;)


And here are the pictures of my progress so far.... can't really tell a difference, except I look a bit more confident in today's because I'm wearing makeup for the day.lol  Oh, and do you like my new workout outfit?  I got it at the Nike Outlet store in Chehalis.  I wanted to buy everything in there!  I also got a purple Livestrong dry-fit shirt that I ACTUALLY wear during workouts... you would never be able to catch me working out in just a sports bra and shorts :)




Thanks for checking in!  See ya next Sunday!


1 comment: