4.29.2012

Insanity Day 28

Woohoo! I made it through 1 month of Insanity!  This week will be a "recovery" week... I will be doing the same video all week before hitting it hard next month.  This is part of the program.  I already did the recovery video today, and I did still sweat and got my heart rate up.

Through the last week, I have really been focusing more on my eating habits.  I stopped eating candy/chocolate at work; it has become a habit to grab some candy every time I pass my secretary's desk.  Now that I haven't been eating it for a week, I don't miss it as much as I did the first two days.  It's sad that I was truly addicted to it.  It was a nice little pick-me-up to have several times throughout the day. lol

My food plan looked like this last week:   Greek yogurt with frozen fruit for breakfast, an apple for lunch, Muscle Milk light chocolate (100 calories, to be consumed 30 minutes before workout) after school, frozen fruit and/or hot tea with honey, and a small dinner.  No evening snacks.  This plan made me savor my food a lot more than I usually do!

My eating habits actually helped me lose about 3.5 pounds from Monday to Friday.  I worked out really hard on Saturday (yesterday) and I believe my muscles are holding in water (my weight went back up a little bit but I think it'll easily come back down this week as I will continue my eating plan).  My workout yesterday included:  stair master 70 floors (10 minutes), 5K on the rowing machine (28:28), and 5K jog on treadmill (28:50).  I also did ab work and pushups.  I did the most "boy" pushups I've ever done straight--- 40! My old record was 30, which I've been able to do the last few years.  Insanity is full of pushups so I can definitely tell a difference in my arm strength now.

I went shopping for a pair of capri jeans at Old Navy yesterday.  Now Old Navy does seem to run a little large in their size; as in, a size 10 at Old Navy might be a little more loose than a size 10 in another brand.  However, I have some very exciting news!!!! At my heaviest weight (220 pounds as a freshman in college) I wore a size 16.  For the last couple years, I've worn a size 10.  Yesterday, I fit comfortably in a size 8!!! I've been wearing a belt for a long time, haven't bought any new jeans since literally 2 Christmases ago, and I've been wondering what size I would be..... I finally found out!  The last time I remember fitting into single digit sizes was in elementary school!  Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!  Maybe by the end of Insanity I'll fit in a size 6?  We'll see.  One of my favorite parts of fitting in a size 8 is when I hold up the pair of capris, they don't even look that big.  I always hated holding up my pants over the last several years to see how large they looked, and I always denied they were that big.

Ok, here are my stats and pictures.  I included a picture of Day 1 vs. Day 28 to see the side-by-side comparison.  I feel like I am finally seeing results and can't wait to see how much more I change in the following 5 weeks!


Just an FYI, On the side view for Day 28, I am not sucking in at all.  Just flexing my abs as much as possible.  It looks kinda weird.




See you next week! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay you can really see some results! awesome :)

    Kudos to you for that new little eating plan...I would be a ravenous beast....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting to be in single digit sizes!

    ReplyDelete